Yes, this is all about vaginas. As a doctor and a mom of 3, I’m so over any shyness about the topic. If you’re not in the mood to hear about it, maybe skip this one. If you are like me, this is a topic near and dear to your heart. We have always called our program “Vaginal Rejuvenation.” I was recently told the preferred term is “Women’s Intimate Wellness.” However you package it, an overwhelming number of women suffer from these symptoms eventually, and we no longer have to just put up with it.
At Glow we now have over 2 years of experience with vaginal rejuvenation procedures using the Exilis Ultra Femme 360, and the verdict is that it works and results are surprisingly long-lasting. This helps with changes related to both childbirth and menopause. Vaginal rejuvenation can specifically address:
- Stretched-out tissues
- Pain during sex
The biggest reason women are having the procedure has been for dribbling post-childbirth, but a close second and third are for tightening and dryness. The Ultra Femme uses a 360 degree wand and radiofrequency technology to heat the vaginal wall and labia. This induces collagen formation, thickening of the vaginal wall, increased lubrication and tightening of the tissues both inside and out. Treatment consists of a series of 3 painless sessions, and we have found that results happen within 1-2 months have lasted for up to 18 months, but most women have needed some maintenance within 1 year of first treatment. In 2 years we have treated over 50 women, and 98% report either improvement or complete resolution of their symptoms and we have had zero complications.
The main benefits of treatment with the Exilis Ultra Femme 360:
- Very high success rate in treating urinary symptoms, dryness, stretched tissues and painful intercourse
- Requires only 3 sessions
- No Downtime
What is vFit+?
vFit+ is a brand-new device for at-home use that can be used alone or for maintenance after vaginal rejuvenation with the Ultra Femme. It uses red light LED, heat and vibration to stimulate the tissues to increase blood flow. Studies have found a 95% improvement in intimate wellness, 89% increased confidence with intercourse and an 89% increase in sensation. Our own informal investigation has found that vFit+ is a good option for maintaining results from the Ultra Femme and there are anecdotal reports that is can be used as a stand-alone at-home treatment for some of the same symptoms.
vFit+ is recommended to be used for 10 minutes every other day. Results are reported to be within 1-3 months. Do you match any of these patient profiles?
- Young Adult: exercise and activities and intimate wellness are important to you. Whether you might have a child in the future or not, maintaining sexual health and intimacy are a top priority.
- Mom: very little time to yourself, starting to address changes in appearance and health. Connecting with your partner is important to you and things have changed since giving birth; Kegels have not worked. Looking for something easy and convenient to help.
- Perimenopausal: have a little more time to invest in yourself and fighting aging, a strong emotional connection to your partner is more important than ever. Looking to get back the youthful feeling inside and out.
- Postmenopausal: your mental and physical state don’t quite match and you’d like to restore the intimacy and confidence you used to have.
The main benefits of vFit+
- Improved confidence with sexual function
- Increased blood flow
- Privacy: at-home treatment in the privacy of your own home
- No downtime
We think that both the Ultra Femme and the vFit+ are fantastic tools for, OK I’ll say it– Women’s Intimate Wellness. If you have any questions about these treatments or whether you might be a good candidate, we are here to help! Please contact us if you’d like to find out more.